Sunday, May 15, 2016

And So It Begins.


Hi.

You probably don't know me that well yet, or maybe you do. Either way, I won't judge. Anyway, hi.

I have a name, an age, and a purpose, but here, I am simple. My name is Firefly, no one needs to know my age, and I'm looking for a purpose, but I haven't found it yet.

Now, for this post's subject:

Fulfillment.

Everyone is always looking for something. It doesn't have to be anything big, unless it's one of those cases in which it DOES have to be something big. But it most often is SOMETHING: A feeling, or a person, or a place, or a thing, or other insert noun word here.

We're all looking. Sometimes we focus so hard on just plain LOOKING that we forget to acknowledge what we can already find right in front of us.

When people feel like they're about to cave in, they'll look for a person that holds them up, or a place where they can stop the chaos in the mind and be still, or even a thing, that they can hold onto, the tiny stone that stops the avalanche.

We're all looking for something, so pay attention. Sometimes, their answer will be you, and you'll need to either learn how to be there, or just continue being the best you can.

Just don't lose yourself in that search.

No comments:

Post a Comment